Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Children...



I have heard women say they lose themselves after having children.. For me.. It is the opposite. Having my children has made me find myself. In a whole new way. I am "Mommy" "Mom" "Mama" "Maaaa!" and I wouldn't have it any other way.

My kids are my whole entire life... I can't imagi
ne living without them. And I almost can't remember life before them.. How did I live then ? Without these precious people in my life.

Having children is such a miracle. They are m
ade from something so small.. They grow, inside of you, into an entire person! As if that isn't amazing enough, Your body KNOWS how to birth them.. Without any aid, without any help, your body knows. And then, from no where, there they are.. They come into this world so tiny and fragile, they depend on you for everything.. And then they begin to grow (Far too fast if you ask me) And they bless you everyday with their words and actions..

I promise you there isn't a day that goes by that I don't hit my knees and thank God for blessing me with my children. I thank Him for trusting me with the most wonderful little people. For believing I can do a good job in raising them.

For all the hardships of Motherhood. For all of the sacrifice, there is no way on earth I'd ever trade it for anything else in this world.

I always knew I wanted to be a Mother. It was one thing I was always sure of. I have always loved everything about babies. So when Husam and I got married I wanted to have children right away. Husam wanted to wait a bit, but we compromised and Nadia was conceived 9 months into our marriage. I remember being pregnant and asking my Mom "But what will I do with her when we get home?!" She said- She will let you know ;-) And she did.

I found you can never understand the love your parents have for you until you have children. I knew my parents loved me of course.. But until I experienced the love of a Mother for myself, I could never comprehend how unconditional, how strong, how powerful, how amazingly consuming the love of a Mother is. I remember looking at my first daughter when she was a few days old and thinking "wow. my Mom REALLY loves me"

I don't let a day go by where I don't tell my kids how much I love them. I tell them several times a day , everyday. And I am glad for this, because Nadia who is 4 now will just randomly say "I love you Momma" I always tell her "I love you too baby, more than anything in the whole world!!!" She's such a loving little girl.

I am lucky. Sometimes I think.. Why do I deserve this? My children are amazing. I am blessed. I am loved. I am Mommy. And guess what? There isn't anything else I'd rather be.


2 comments:

  1. So incredibly sweet! You are such a wonderful mommy with such charming and beautiful children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about my babies. I don't know how I lived without them. I had Juliana 2 months before my 19th birthday and unlike most of the 18 year olds I knew I was so perfectly content being a Mommy. I never cared to "go out" and do whatever most 19 year olds do. lol. Heck, even now, I'm 23 and I can not stand being away from them even though I do enjoy the small breaks. (I mean like me taking like 2 hours to myself going wherever while SHAUN watches them) lol.
    I also tell my kids I love them a million times a day. I tell them how cute/beautiful they are and EVERYDAY Juliana tells me "Mama, you look very beautiful today" or she'll come give me a hug and tell me how she loves me. It melts my heart. There's certain things I would change about my past (before Juliana) but I would still want my babies when I had them.

    ReplyDelete