Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Why Co-sleeping works for me.

Co-sleeping is one of those choices we made in the moment. When Nadia was a baby it was easy. I could nurse her, have her close, cuddle, snuggle, etc. All that good stuff. Husam liked it too. We enjoyed the closeness of having her near us..

I did the same with Sami, only he outgrew it much faster. He sleeps better in his own bed now, at age 2.. where, Nadia still sleeps with us at age 4.

Obviously Samirah is cosleeping as well as she's only 6 months.

There are so many perks to Co-sleeping that I honestly can't imagine not doing it. Number 1. The simple fact I get more sleep! Bwhahahaaha. There is no getting up to get a baby to nurse. THey were always / are always right there!!! I barely have to wake up at all which is awesome.

The closeness! For me, it feels super un-natural to have my children far from me. Even in a room over. It just feels wrong. I enjoy being able to have them right next to me so I can check on them and make sure they are alright. And of course for snuggling purposes! Who doesn't like that?!

Daddy bonding! Since I breastfeed, my husband doesn't get the "feeding" bonding time that some bottle fed babies get. (And we don't use bottles at all.- I don't even have any in the house believe it or not) So having them share our bed is a great way for Daddy to snuggle the kids. It's a wonderful thing. We are surrounded by our babies.

I always say "Our bed, like our hearts, Are full" It's wonderful.

Do you co-sleep???

No comments:

Post a Comment