Friday, July 9, 2010

My carriers and my thoughts on them...



First up is my freehand Mei Tai. I love this thing! In this picture we have the Ergo Organic strap covers on. This MT is very affordable ( I think it was only 70 something dollars) and I LOVE to it. I reach for it often and I find it perfect for everyday use!




Here is me and Sami showing off a back carry in our Babyhawk Oh Snap. I just adjusted it quickly as Samirah is usually carried in it, so he isn't in it completely properly (I know I know, but the kids were freaking out to go to the beach so I had limited time to work with! LoL) This is my favorite SSC... I LOVE it. It's SO SO adjustable. Moreso than my Ergo, the straps are sleeker for a more comfortable fit and it's GREAT for long term wear. Hiking, long walks, etc.




Next up- My Wild Child Mei Tai! Okay, to be honest this is the first time I've tried this one... Umm.. IT'S AWESOME! I just looked online to see where I could get another one but I have a feeling this brand isn't made anymore. I bought it at thebabywearer.com forums and I'm not able to find another. I'm truly upset by this because it is SO super comfortable and well made. I love the high back on it that can be folded down, and it's just beautiful. It is great. Going to have to see if I can get another one. If anyone knows where I can find one, please let me know!





Here is my Babyhawk MT. It's really great quality (As every babyhawk product I've tried is) Super comfortable, durable, well made, and easy to use. I love this one. And isn't the girly print TDF?? I like the straps on this as they are the pretty much the same as the Oh Snap. Sleeker and more comfortable thank some other carriers. Still padded though. I'd reccommend this to anyone.


My trusty peanut shell sling! This served me well for so many years and I do still love it.. I've just branched out from here lol

I'm not really a wrapper, But the Moby is forgiving even for a beginner. I like it esp for small newborns, but honestly, don't really use it anymore.

My ergo! It's a good sturdy carrier that is super comfortable and great for long term wear. I like the hood it has and it has really good back support. It's my second favorite SSC behind the babyhawk. The only complaint I have is the big bulky straps!

(Forgive the picture quality- Nadia took them lol)

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow woman, you went on a spree! If you were to recommend one to me as your absolute favorite which would it be and why? Which is the most comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. They really are all comfortable. I love them each in thier own way. But as far as Soft Structured carriers go, the Babyhawk Oh Snap is my favorite. It's comfy, adjustable, and very very well made...

    As far as the Mei Tai's go. The wild Child is best IMO. Super soft, comfy, well made, High back for little heads (But you can also fold it down) However, I THINK these were discontinued and I haven't been able to find anymore :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look awesome. Thank you for a great review on all of them!

    ReplyDelete