Sunday, December 12, 2010

Being Thankful...

I've been thinking a lot lately about taking things for granted.. I have so much.. that I wonder, do I sometimes take the little things for granted?? I am sure I do.. I try not to, but sometimes I just don't think of it...

I have a roof over my head when so many people have no home. They worry where they will spend the night..

We have a fridge full of food. How many times have I wandered into the kitchen and stomped around exclaiming "There is nothing to eat!" When in reality I don't know what starving or "having nothing to eat" truly means. There are children who ARE truly starving.. Families who worry where their next meal will come from... I try not to take this for granted. I donate to food banks and drives. Whenever Nadia's school is asking for food donations , I'm more than happy to put in more than they ask for. Because God is good to us. We have so much.

My Children. God help me if I ever take them for granted. They are one gift who I truly try to appreciate for all they are. I realize there are people who are not able to have children for one reason or another. And God has blessed us with three beautiful, healthy, smart little ones. He trusted us to raise them up. I often feel guilty, like why me? Why not someone else who would also be a good mother, and love them. That I just don't understand. But I know I must never take for granted that I have been blessed with those babies. Even in my most frustrated moment as a mother I still drop to my knees and thank God for them. The most amazing people I've met. My wonderful, wonderful children. Thank you God. Thank you for my babies..

*sighs* I don't know what to take from this. Just a reminder.. Be thankful. Because there are others not as fortunate as you. There are those without shelter, food, or freedom....

No comments:

Post a Comment