Monday, November 15, 2010

Then and Now.





Yesterday, my baby turned FIVE YEARS OLD! I truly cannot believe it.. Where did the five years go? My tiniest baby.. Now my biggest girl! I remember her birth like it was yesterday. I remember touching her head for the first time and it felt so warm. I remember looking at her and thinking how beautiful she was! She made me a mother. My special girl. She is so smart, funny, and loving. She's a natural leader and likes to take charge of most any situation. God bless her.

We celebrated her all weekend and she enjoyed it. I am bittersweet at birthdays. I love watching my children grow.. I am so blessed to be able to do so.. But I get twinges of sadness that they will not be babies forever.. That I won't be able to protect them from this great big world forever. And each milestone... each birthday, is a reminder that they are growing closer and closer to independence. *sighs*

I must not think too far ahead...
For now...

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY NADIA HUSAM! My beautiful beautiful baby girl. I love you more than you will ever imagine. My heart bursts with love for you!!!!!

2 comments: