Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Wonderful Husband.


I blog so much about my children I never get to blog about my awesome husband Husam! I met Husam when I had first turned 18. I'm 27 now! It's hard to believe 9 years have gone by.. But they have. Things aren't always perfect, and we've definitely had our share or hard times, but we've come out the other side. Closer than what we were before... I'd like to think.

Our friends had set us up. Thinking, since we were both Middle Eastern we'd have a lot in common! I thought this was a rather silly reason to set two people up, but I guess it really wasn't all that silly since I ended up marrying the guy...

I remember speaking to him on the phone for the first time. There were no awkward silences. He was so easy to talk to. It was like talking to an old friend whom I'd known my whole life. We hit it off pretty well over the phone so we had decided to meet up in person. (with our friends who had set us up of course "just in case")

We all went out for dinner and I thought he was just tops! I was completely enamored by him. I remember at the end of our first date, I turned to my best friend and I said "THAT is the man I'm going to marry" I truly believed it too. Everyone called me crazy.. But I did marry him. So I guess I wasn't as crazy as they thought.

We dated for nearly 3 years before we decided to get married. But we had talked about it so much it was just a natural step for us. We knew we wanted to share our lives together. Start a family together. The whole Sha-bang!

Our first year of marriage was fantastic, the second year (When I was pregnant with Nadia) was tough, and the year after as well.. I think he had a tough time adjusting into parenthood. It was definitely a difficult time for us and I wondered how we'd ever come out of it okay.

But we did. Six years of marriage later we are stronger than ever. He's my best friend. And I like to think I'm his. He tells me I am anyways. Our life does not revolve around outside friends. Neither of us really have many. We definitely don't go out with them. Our lives revolve around our little family.. He works so hard so I can stay home with our kids. Something we both feel strongly about. I don't think I tell him quite often enough how much I truly appreciate that.

We have our moments, trust me. But overall, there isn't any other person I can imagine being with in this life. He isn't perfect, but for all his imperfections there are many more things that make me love him like crazy. Even after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment